1. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
2. PARTICIPATING MERCHANT POLICIES Related services and offerings with links from this website, including vendor sites, have their own privacy statements that can be viewed by clicking on the corresponding links within each respective website. Online merchants and others who participate in CULTURE CROSSING's services are encouraged to participate in industry privacy initiatives and to take a responsible attitude towards consumer privacy. However, since we do not have direct control over the policies or practices of participating merchants and other third parties, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or contents of those sites. We recommend and encourage that you always review the privacy policies of merchants and other third parties before you provide any personal information or complete any transaction with such parties.
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
CULTURE CROSSING collects certain information from and about its users three ways: directly from our Web Server logs, the user, and with Cookies.
Web Server Logs - Each time a visitor comes to this website, our web server collects and logs certain information. These access logs are kept for a reasonable period of time. These logs include, but are not restricted to your machine's these logs are used solely for performance, site administration and security reviews. They are not sold or shared in any way to third party organizations.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you reject cookies by changing your browser settings then be aware that this may disable some of the functionality on our Website.
Personal Information Users - Personal information, such as your name, email address, or age group is collected only when you voluntarily provide it. Such information is received when you send an email through the site or register to become a member. The personal information you provide may be used for advertising purposes in order to bring you offers that may be of interest to you, and to help finance the cost of making our Web-site available to you, we place advertisements on our Web-site. Gathering information from members allows us to target advertisements and sponsorships. We believe this makes information on our Web-site more relevant to you and is more productive for our advertisers. It is important to note that we do not share your personal information with advertisers, but we may share it with ad servers acting on our behalf who place advertisements on our Web-site for us. We, and any third-party ad servers acting on our behalf, act as the middlemen between you and the advertisers who want to reach you. Our third-party ad servers are also bound by the terms of this Privacy Statement. You should also refer to our Terms and Conditions regarding our disclaimer on endorsements of any such advertising. Personal information will not be sold to any third parties, nor will such information be added to bulk email lists. We will not disclose personally identifiable information we collect from you to third parties without your permission except to the extent necessary including:
To respond to legal process or comply with law, or
In connection with a merger, acquisition, or liquidation of the company.
4. USE OF WEB BEACONS OR GIF FILES
CULTURE CROSSING.net Web pages may contain electronic images known as Web beacons - sometimes also called single-pixel gifs - that allow CULTURE CROSSING to count users who have visited those pages and to deliver co-branded services CULTURE CROSSING may include Web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters in order to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. Some of these Web beacons may be placed by third party service providers to help determine the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns or email communications. These Web beacons may be used by these service providers to place a persistent cookie on your computer. This allows the service provider to recognize your computer each time you visit certain pages or emails and compile anonymous information in relation to those page views, which in turn enables us and our service providers to learn which advertisements and emails bring you to our website and how you use the site. CULTURE CROSSING prohibits Web beacons from being used to collect or access your personal information.
5. ACCESSING WEB ACCOUNT INFORMATION We will provide you with the means to ensure that personally identifiable information in your web account file is correct and current. You may review this information by contacting us by sending an email to our support attendant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
CULTURE CROSSING has the discretion to occasionally update this privacy statement. When we do, we will also revise the "updated" date at the top of this Privacy page. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect. Your continued use of the service constitutes your agreement to this privacy statement and any updates.
7. CONTACTING US If you have questions regarding our Privacy Statement, its implementation, failure to adhere to this Privacy Statement and/or our general practices, please contact us or send your comments to email@example.com
8. ADVERTISING COOKIES
Cookies are important devices for both serving more relevant ads to users and measuring advertising effectiveness. You may opt out of accepting cookies at any time by clicking these links:
To opt out of travelad.net, go to http://www.traveladnetwork.com/content/view/56/79/.
To opt out of Atlas (Microsoft Advertising), go to http://www.atlassolutions.com/optout.aspx.
If you have any questions or issues, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org